Your job as a professional mariner is directly dependent on what happens in Washington, D.C. The voluntary contributions that MM&P members and employees make to the Political Contribution Fund are used to support the election of pro-maritime, pro-labor candidates. By supporting our PCF, you play a direct role in the political process by helping elect individuals who, regardless of political party affiliation, are committed to supporting a larger, more competitive U.S.-flag merchant marine and to working to prevent your job from being eliminated or outsourced to foreign mariners working on foreign-flag ships.
Who can contribute to the MM&P PCF?
All active members, retired members and employees of the Masters, Mates & Pilots, as well as their immediate families, can contribute to the PCF.
Receive gifts for your contribution!
Click Here to view the gifts you can choose to receive for your contribution.
How can I contribute to the MM&P PCF?
- By credit card. Simply click the “1-Click PCF Donation” button below:
- In person by check at any MM&P union hall or at MM&P Headquarters in Linthicum, MD.
- By logging into the Members Only site and clicking “Make PCF Contribution” on the left hand side. From here you can make a secure contribution to the PCF.
- Vacation check deduction: You can have an amount of your choosing deducted from your vacation check and sent directly to the PCF.
- Pension check deduction: when you submit the application to receive your pension, you can designate a specific amount, or a specific percentage to be deducted each month from your pension check and sent to the PCF.
- By mailing a check: Print this form and mail it with your check to: MM&P Political Contribution Fund, 700 Maritime Boulevard, Suite B Linthicum Heights, MD 21090-1953.
- Payroll withholding: MM&P employees and members of several MM&P membership groups can have PCF contributions withheld from their paychecks on a voluntary basis.
To find out more, e-mail email@example.com.
Remember: Every MM&P member and employee should contribute to the PCF and vote for candidates who have demonstrated their support for our union and our jobs.